Helium 10 Audience is one of the best Amazon tools in Helium 10’s arsenal! It’s a polling tool that allows you to ask questions from your audience and get real actionable insight.
It can be anything from picking the best main image to product descriptions and much more.
And in this blog post, you’ll learn how to take full advantage of it!
- With Helium 10 Audience Tool, you can ask anything about your product listings and business.
- Respondents give you detailed explanations about their responses, making the insight invaluable.
- Getting a response usually only takes a couple of hours.
Why Do You Need to Use Helium 10 Audience Tool
From the introduction, you might get the feeling that Helium 10 Audience is just another poll/survey builder. However, that’s much more than that!
That’s because after creating your poll, you’ll get access to an extensive database of over 10,000 US-based users that gives you comprehensive feedback. You can ask them anything, such as which main images people like the most, which product description sells best, etc.
And what’s even better is that you can get answers in just a couple of hours, helping you to start taking action quickly.
5 Use Cases for Helium 10 Audience Tool
Now that you understand the need for this product, you might be wondering what you could use it for. Well, there are many ways to use it:
Use Case #1 - Validate Your Business/Product Idea
Do you have an idea that could sell really well? Instead of starting an online business and potentially losing your investment, you could ask your target audience if they are interested in your product.
That way, you won’t have to invest thousands of dollars to see if your business idea has potential. Plus, if you’re looking for outside investment, this could help you have better chances of winning investors.
Use Case #2 - Get Your Branding on Point
Branding is critical to stand out from the crowd and stay in your customers’ heads.
But instead of doing guesswork on what works, you can use Helium 10 Audience to see what type of branding messages resonate with them.
Use Case #3 - Product Listing Optimization
There’s more to Amazon listing optimization than keyword optimization. Additionally, you need to ensure that the product descriptions, bullet points, and images help you make more sales! So you could ask a lot of questions from Helium 10 audience to get actionable insight into what works and what doesn’t
Use Case #4 - Competitor Analysis
Another way you could use Helium 10 audience to your advantage is to see how well your products fare with the competition. You could add images of your and your competition’s products and see which people want to buy. That can help you to create better marketing strategies.
Use Case #5 - Determining Your Product Variation
Getting your products manufactured is expensive! So it’s even more costly if you want to add some product variations. So instead of guessing which product variations are the most appealing to the people.
3-Step Guide to Using Helium 10 Audience Tool
Now that you know the power of this tool, it’s time to learn how to access it and start using it. Fortunately, all you need is the following three steps:
Step #1 - Login to Helium 10
First, you need to be logged in to access Helium 10. For this, you should see a white “Log In” button in the top right corner. Click on it, add your login credentials, and then you should be on the Helium 10 dashboard.
Now that you’re on the dashboard, it’s time to find the “Audience” page, so you can use this tool to your advantage. Here’s how you do it.
First, in the top left corner, you should see a dropdown menu called “Tools.”
Click on it, and then a massive list of tools should appear.
Under the “Listing Optimization“ tab, you should find an option named “Audience.”
Click it, and you’re ready for the next step.
Step #3 - Create Your Poll
Now you’re ready to start with your poll. To start off, click the blue “Create New Poll“ button.
Once clicked, it’s time to start building the poll. To start off, I suggest you use the poll builder as it’s more straightforward.
Then it’s time to start building. Here’s what you need to do:
- What do you want to test? – In this section, pick your main objective of this poll. If you’re going to see which main image appeals the most, click on the “Main Image” tab.
- Write your question – You can pick the suggested question or write it yourself. I suggest you write it yourself as it could give more detailed information. Still, the suggested questions work well if you need some general information.
- Add your options – These will be the answers the respondents can choose. So if you want to know which main image works best, upload the main images to the options list.
- Audience targeting – In here, you deal with your targeting. You can go with the general audience option. However, I suggest you use the custom audience, as it gives you more actionable tips.
- Choose your audience size – Here, you can choose between 50-500 respondents. Pick the number depending on your budget.
- Know more about respondents – If you need more information about the respondents, you can choose some behavior habits that help you understand your audience better. However, that will add up to your final cost.
Then all that’s left to do is confirm your order and wait for the respondents to respond to your poll.
2 Tips for Interpreting the Results
It’s been a couple of hours, and you’ve got all the respondents’ answers. Great, now it’s time to interpret the results. To make it easier for you, here are a couple of tips:
Tip #1 - Look Beyond the Statistics
Let’s stay with the example of the main image. If you get the respondents’ answers, it’s easy to see the statistics of which picture was their favorite and call it a day. However, that’s not for the best.
Instead, you should look beyond that. If you scroll down from the statistics, you should see written explanations for why people chose that image. That helps you get a deeper understanding of why they found the image more appealing, which is excellent information for your next product.
Tip #2 - Use Filters to Learn Different Perspectives
Furthermore, instead of just reading the replies, it’s also a great thing to filter them before.
That way, you can see if there’s a difference between different demographics.
For example, you might find out females enjoy one picture more than males.
That could be beneficial if you create multiple Amazon listings targeting different markets.
To start using Audience, you don’t need to be a paid Helium 10 user. Plus, it doesn’t matter which paid plan you have, as there are no restrictions. However, you’ll need to pay for each poll.
The pricing starts at $50 per poll but will increase if you increase your audience size, add more questions or ask for more information.
There are two types of polls you can run:
- Open-Ended Feedback Responses – With this, you get insightful data on a specific topic.
- Voting – You can also let respondents choose between two or more options and get explanations as to why they chose one over the others.
As of right now, you can only target US-based consumers. However, you could choose over 45 traits to find your ideal customer and get this opinion. The traits include:
- Amazon Prime members
- Age and gender
- Geographic location
Learn About Your Target Audience Today!
So as you can see, Helium 10 audience is an impressive tool that allows you to get a real insight into what works best for your audience. And if you’re looking to use this tool to get ads feedback, I suggest you also check out our Adtomic guide.
That way, you’ll learn to use create efficient Amazon advertising!