To all the sellers struggling with their PPC and sales on Amazon, don’t fret anymore.
Helium 10 has released a new tool just for you!
In collaboration with advertising software Helium 10 ADS and Prestozon, Helium 10 Adtomic is a PPC powerhouse for Amazon sellers that will help them perform paid advertising the right way and maximize their ROI.
Well, I’ve researched and reviewed everything related to Adtomic, so you don’t have to.
Read on to find if this tool is worth it for you and how you can use it effectively!
What Is Adtomic?
Symbolizing its power, the name Adtomic came from the fission-like boost and atom-like control it’s going to give to you.
Adtomic is an AI-powered advertising solution for Amazon sellers that will help them successfully strategize their campaigns, resulting in a higher ROAS, lower ACOS, and a reduced advertising budget.
Helium10 claims that Adtomic’s unparalleled data and AI-fueled optimization will help you run your smartest, most efficient advertising ever.
With this tool, you can gather valuable insights on both your organic and paid sales and figure out how to use that data to your advantage.
Having said that, let’s dive deep into the pros and cons of using the tool.
Benefits and Disadvantages
- The ease of use, simplicity, and the freedom to micromanage makes this tool fit for all sellers.
- Adtomic provides predefined templates and campaign strategies that effortlessly build and manage your ads as per your goals.
- The advertising tool allows automation through analytics, which simplifies hours’ worth of work within minutes.
- Adtomic stores up to 2 years of data to help you compare and figure out how far you’ve come (Amazon only looks back to 60 or 90 days).
- This tool is currently in the soft launch “beta” phase, so you can expect to face a few technical issues or bugs for the time being.
- It may seem pretty expensive for someone just starting out, as the full automation access is only available for members of the Diamond plan and above.
Which Helium 10 Plans Include Adtomic and How Much Does Adtomic Cost?
Unlike many other PPC platforms, Adtomic is available to its users at no extra charges. It is available for members of the Platinum, Diamond, and Elite plan.
Each plan has a different set of available features; Platinum members have view-only access to the statistics and analytics, while Diamond and Elite members have full access to Adtomic.
However, there is a 2% fee when the PPC spend exceeds the $20,000 limit for Diamond members and $40,000 for Elite members.
How to Use Adtomic? A Basic Overview of the Platform
Adtomic is made to help simplify, streamline and automate all your campaigns and ads.
For the tool to do its thing, you need to connect your Amazon MWS token (Marketplace Web Services) cloud settings with the amazon account whose pay-per-click advertising you want to manage.
After you’ve connected, the dashboard will first see the dashboard, which gives a glance at your PPC spend, sales, ACOS, top 5 products by spend, and much more.
From the dropdown menu, you can jump to different sections like Analytics, Ad Manager, Suggestions, Change Log, and Products on your left-hand side.
How Does Adtomic Tool Work?
Adtomic extracts data from your pay-per-click advertising on Amazon and summarizes it for better readability. Then, using the inbuilt metrics and your checkpoints, the AI gives suggestions on where to improve.
How to Set Up PPC Accounts to Manage Your Helium 10 Adtomic Fees?
Now that you’ve understood how the tool works and its advantages, let’s dive right into the management of the accounts linked:
- Open Adtomic.
- Click on the account selector drop-down menu, and then select the Edit button in its top-right corner.
- Check and uncheck the accounts you want or don’t want Helium10 to manage.
And voila! The fees will be charged to only those accounts that Adtomic manages.
How to Access and Use the Adtomic Ad Manager?
You can access Adtomic Ad Manager through the blue dropdown menu and by clicking on the icon with four squares.
Once you have connected your token, you will need to enable your profile, chose which marketplace you want to use and who you want to provide access to.
Now that you’re done with permissions, you will be able to view a list of all the campaigns and their data (you can customize which columns you want to see too!)
When you scroll right through the column, that will give you three choices for the Bid Algorithm; Target ACOS, Max Impressions, and Max Orders.
Here you can play around by adjusting your daily bid, target value, or anything as per your wish.
How to Create a PPC Campaign Using Adtomic?
When you open ad manager on the uppermost right-hand side corner, you’ll see an “Add Campaign” button. Click that and select the campaign builder type you want; quick or guided.
Next, select the product you want to create a campaign for and its lifecycle stage, set the bid and budget, and you’re good to go.
How to Monitor Your Adtomic PPC Spend in Helium 10?
- From the Helium10 dashboard, click the profile icon on the top right corner.
- Then, from the Plans and Billings page, click View Billings History on the top left corner.
- Your Adtomic ad spends billing graph will appear here. Remember, it is billed on the same cycle as your monthly Helium10 billing.
- If you want to see previous billing data, use the drop-down date menu and specify the range you want the data of.
- You can also export your PPC spend data to CSV and Excel.
What Are the Differences Between the Adtomic Product Lifecycle Stages?
Like everything else, a product on Amazon also has a complete lifecycle, in which each stage needs a different kind of strategy to hit various targets.
Adtomic brings this theory to life by creating templates for the three main stages.
- Launch (Max Impressions): Also known as the Awareness stage, this is when a new product is launched, and we focus on more exposure as compared to profits, and so Helium focuses on impressions.
- Scale (Target ACOS): This is the stage where we aim to improve performance. Here the aim is to grow and increase profits of a well-established product. The tool uses methods to keep the sales graph going up and the ACOS down.
- Liquidate (Max Orders): When the market becomes too saturated or out of demand, we try to sell out as much as possible. We will not focus on profits here either, but more on orders.
How to Optimize Your Campaigns Using the Adtomic Analytics Window?
As the name suggests, the analytics window helps you do a complete analysis of your advertising spend and results in an organized manner.
You can view your metrics on a Portfolio level, Campaign Level (default), Ad Group Level, Keyword Level, Search Term Level, and Product Level.
By looking at the positives and negatives at a glance, you can pick out those keywords/ASINs that are performing well and increase their bid or experiment with keywords/ASINs that are performing average and put the ones performing poorly in negative.
How to Modify or Add New Rules for Campaign Suggestions?
To access the rules editor, locate the Ad Manager on the left, choose the list you want to create a rule, and scroll to obtain the “Rules” column. The number next to the cog will show the number of existing rules in the campaign. To update or create a new rule, click on the cog, and you’ll see any rules present.
You may create a new rule using the “+ Add Rule” button or change a rule by clicking on the pencil next to the rule’s name.
- Name the rule. Try to label the rule by its function.
- Select a rule type. There are two rule settings here:
- Find converting search terms based on orders, and establish the threshold later in the rule.
- Find underperforming search terms for negation that have no sales but have reached a threshold that you can set using Advanced Options.
- Add New Ad Groups. You can select ad groups from which you want the rules to source data or create keywords in. Or, if you’re sourcing search terms with sales from one ad group, you’ll have to bring in additional ad groups that you want to create the keywords in after the trigger from the second step is met.
- Click the “Create Rule” button once your rules are set.
Congratulations, once you’re confident the rule is working in your favor, you can come back to the rules editor and toggle the “Automate” tab for a more streamlined approach.
How to Create Negative Keyword Rules?
Your campaigns have been running for a while and it’s time to filter out irrelevant keywords to optimize your ACoS. But you’re left scratching your head? Don’t fret, Adtomic also allows you to design rules for negative keywords.
- In Adtomic, go to the Ad Manager dashboard, and click on the cog in the Rules column for the campaign you would like to work on.
- Click on the “Add Rule” button in’ Rules for Campaign’ and choose a name.
- Click on the drop-down under ‘Select a Rule’ type and choose “Find poor performing search terms & ASINs” to create a rule to identify the negative keywords.
- If you want to set specific thresholds on either clicks or spend, tick the “Use Threshold” box and put it in your filters. Or, you can use Adtomic’s algorithms to manage thresholds by leaving the box as it is.
- If you want your rule to add Negative Keywords automatically, select the toggle beside “Automate,” or you may skip this step to manage the addition of negative keywords manually.
- Use the drop-down to tag the Ad Groups you want the new negative keyword rule to apply.
- Next, you will need to decide which match types and goals you want Adtomic to suggest. Click on the gray match type icon to choose from the Auto, Phrase, Exact, or ASIN match type.
Finally, click on the “Create Rule” button to view the updated Negative Keyword Rules.
How to Update Account Level Rules?
Go to the Suggestions window and click the settings “cog” icon to edit rules in the upper right-hand corner. From there, you can:
- Change your default 30% ACOS target.
- Set a Maximum Bid for all keyword Bid suggestions so that you never get a suggestion above your limit.
- Set up to 20 keywords you want to ignore that you know for sure are not going to work.
You can also choose whether you want to automate your campaign or not by clicking on the toggle under the “Automate” column in the Ad Manager window.
How Can Platinum Members Use Adtomic?
All is not lost for platinum members. They can still benefit from the statistics and metrics of Adtomic and use them to decide their next step, optimize their campaign and strategize further.
Helium 10 Adtomic Reviews on the Internet
The Internet is raving about this tool, one half loves it, and the other half vouches for the old version to be brought back, let’s hear what they have to say.
Another user says, “My bill with helium10 was $397 for a long time. One day the ads tool changed to adtomic…… Also, no way to go back to the old ads system & retain what I was originally ‘purchasing’ yknow?”
* Helium10 always aims at updating their software for the better so if you have any suggestions or qualms about Adtomic, message customer support and they will fix what you need.
Personally, I find this tool pretty effective when it comes to managing PPC as it is pretty easy to use and manage.
What I like most about Adtomic is how it summarizes all your data in one place so you don’t have to scramble about or create a multitude of excel sheets that take a lot of time to load.
That being said, the tool is only worth it if you have a big investment to start with or you’re managing a lot of products and campaigns on a high level.
If you’re planning to start small, I suggest leaving it aside for the time being.
How Long Does It Take for Amazon PPC Data to Load into Adtomic?
It can take anywhere between 1 – 24 hours for your PPC data to load, depending on the number of campaigns, keywords, search terms, and the variety of products you have.
How Long Does It Take for Adtomic to Generate Suggestions?
The time Adtomic takes depends on how fast your item sells. If your products are in demand and fast-moving, it can take between 3 to 5 days, or if they sell at a leisurely rate, you can expect anything up to two weeks.
Why Does Adtomic Exclude the Previous 72 Hours of Amazon Data?
The data in the 72-hour timeframe is prone to changes that may be influenced by sales attributions, illegitimate or accidental clicks, and canceled orders. Therefore, common industry practice is not making optimizations based on data from that time frame to get the most accurate results.
Does Applying a Suggestion in One Campaign Affect Other Campaigns With the Same Keyword?
A change in one campaign does not affect the other campaigns with the same keywords as every suggestion is associated with its campaign and Ad group. If you want to view the changes made to a suggestion, you can simply hover over the keyword or go to the Change Log.
Can You See Both Your Organic and PPC Sales in Adtomic?
You can view your PPC and Total Sales in two places; in boxes at the opening Dashboard and in columns in the Analytics Product Level window. On the other hand, you will have to calculate your Organic sales by subtracting your PPC Sales from your Total Sales.
How to Do Bulk Edit Keywords in Adtomic?
In the Adtomic, go to the “Ad Manager’ and choose the campaign you would like to edit. At the ‘Campaign Level,’ click on the ‘Keywords’ tab and pick the box next to the‘ Keywords,’ which will automatically select all the keywords. You will now be able to perform bulk operations using the tabs at the top of the column.
How to See Your Accounts in Adtomic?
Using the drop-down menu at the top right of the page, click on the arrow, and you can view the list of all your accounts. You can choose the account and marketplace you would like to work on from the drop-down menu as well.
If, in any case, you can’t see your account in Adtomic, do contact customer service via live chat, email, or by calling.
How to See Which Amazon PPC Accounts Are Linked to Your Helium 10 Account?
Using the drop-down menu under your profile, you can see which Amazon accounts are connected to your Helium 10.
What Happens Next?
In this step-by-step article, we discussed all things Adtomic – from its benefits and disadvantages to its features and how to navigate through them to get the most of your buck.
I hope after reading this, you’ve got a good grasp on Helium10’s relatively new advertisement management tool and are ready to spread your wings out along the PPC winds.
Click here for an exclusive Helium 10 discount and try Adtomic today!
I would love to hear from you. If you have any questions, pointers, or suggestions, do let me know in the comments below.