Helium 10 has two options for deleting its search history: allowing you to do it manually or waiting for the system to automatically delete your entire search history after 365 days.
The software has no standalone feature for manually deleting the search history on any of its keyword research tools. However, manually, you can delete multiple sensitive keywords by following the stepwise guides below.
- Helium 10 offers two ways of deleting your search history: manually or automatically.
- It’s vital to declutter the search history to achieve operational efficiency and ensure privacy if you’re handling proprietary product research.
- You can’t recover keywords deleted from the search history but only recover keywords deleted from your Amazon search listing.
Steps to Delete Helium 10 Search History
Depending on your preference, you can delete your searches in Magnet or Cerebro individually or in bulk. Here’s a straightforward stepwise guide to help you:
- Log in to your Helium 10 account via the online member area.
- Click “Tools,” then click “Magnet + Walmart” or “Cerebro + Walmart,” depending on which tool you want to delete keywords in.
- Click “History.”
- To delete individual searches, click the “bin/trash” symbol of any keyword search you want to delete.
- For bulk deletion, click those empty boxes next to the bin icon to “mark” the keywords to delete. Choose the one at the top (close to “Keyword Search“) to mark all, so you can delete all.
You can only delete search history using Cerebro or Magnet. Misspellinator doesn’t have an option for deleting keyword research history. This is understandable, as the former two are the most popular tools for keyword research.
How to Recover Deleted Keywords in Helium 10 Using Cerebro?
If you accidentally delete a keyword or need to check your deleted research history for any reason, Cerebro allows you to do so. Here’s how:
- Click “Deleted words” on Cerebro.
- Click “Return to Result” to return the keyword to the main keyword list.
The keywords stored in the deleted words section will remain during a keyword research session for ONE product. But they’ll disappear forever when you view another product listing. So, ensure you’ve checked out the deleted keyword section before proceeding to other product listings.
Are There Benefits to Deleting Helium 10 Search History?
You can improve your data privacy, enhance account security and boost your chances of winning on a shared Helium 10 account by deleting your keyword research history before someone else sees it.
Here are a few other benefits:
Enhanced Privacy and Data Security
Regularly deleting your search history reduces the chances of exposing your data to potential threats. This is particularly important if you handle proprietary product research or sensitive business information which anyone else may access from logging into your account.
Avoiding Accidental Disclosure
Sometimes, while conducting product research, you may inadvertently stumble upon profitable niches or new strategies from other Amazon sellers. By deleting your search history, you can prevent accidental disclosure of valuable information to other individuals who might have access to your account.
Maintaining a Clutter-Free Workspace
As you continue to use Helium 10, your search history can accumulate, making it challenging to maintain an organized workflow. By deleting your search history periodically, you can ensure a clean and efficient workspace, streamlining your operations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Helium 10 retains the search history in tools like Cerebro for up to 365 days, after which the data is automatically purged from the system. However, there’s no definitive answer regards how long the Amazon software provider keeps data on tools like Magnet and Misspellinator.
Yes, but you can only recover the deleted keywords from a product listing search.
Hence, exercise caution and ensure you’ve backed up any essential data before deletion.
You can’t disable or limit search history tracking in Helium 10. The tool will keep giving you a weekly and monthly recap of your search history for the entire lifetime of an account.
Enjoy Working in a Clutter-free Environment
Helium 10 offers excellent tools like Cerebro, Magnet, and Misspellinator for your Amazon keyword research. But to maintain a clean work environment, you must declutter your search history regularly. Luckily, you get all the information you need to make the process easy for you above.
Sign up for FREE to access robust, easy-to-use tools to boost your Amazon seller business.