Helium 10 Portals is a combination of marketing tools that allows you to build a landing page, generate QR codes, and design product inserts. Therefore, you can drive external traffic to your Amazon product pages to increase sales.
You can use Portals on the Starter, Platinum, and Diamond Helium 10 subscription plans. However, there are significant restrictions based on your chosen plan, and it’s not available with the free trial.
- Portals has the potential to significantly increase the volume of traffic to your product pages.
- Helium 10 Portals is a unique suite of features not offered by competitors like Jungle Scout.
- Landing page and product insert templates are offered for various use cases.
Strengths and Weaknesses of Portals
Now let’s consider the advantages of Helium 10 Portals to determine why the tool is worth using. Also, for a balanced overview, we share the drawbacks so you can set realistic expectations.
- Portals offers multiple tools, including a landing page builder, QR code generator, and product insert creator.
- The self-explanatory design process is broken down into digestible steps.
- Integration is available with Zapier, Google Analytics, Facebook and more.
- QR codes can be scanned with any smartphone, which offers excellent accessibility for customers.
- Use landing page templates to speed up the design process, which is ideal for users who lack experience.
- Not available with the free trial.
- Portals is only viable with the Helium 10 Diamond plan.
What Is Helium 10 Portals?
Helium 10 Portals is a tool that allows you to drive external traffic directly to your product pages. Therefore, it enables you to increase traffic to your product pages, which Amazon will appreciate. The tools has 3 parts, which are as follows:
- Landing page builder: this function allows you to build landing pages where you can direct external traffic.
- Product insert builder: this feature allows you to design and print off product inserts. They are a great way of increasing the value provided to customers, and can be used in marketing strategies to increase sales.
- QR code generator: the last tool allows the first two to be linked. For example, you can add QR codes to your product inserts that will take viewers directly to one of the landing pages.
Overall, Helium 10 Portals is a comprehensive marketing tool that can increase sales and compliment other marketing methods like PPC. However, as you’ll learn in the next section, you don’t have full Portals access on every Helium 10 subscription plan.
What Pricing Plans Include Helium 10 Portals?
The pricing plans that include Helium 10 portals include Starter, Platinum, and Diamond. However, the usage right for each plan differs significantly, so choose the ones that match what you need from the tool.
Here is a summary of the usage rights for each Helium 10 subscription plan:
|Portals Landing Page Builder||Unavailable||Unavailable||Up to 6 portals|
|Portals QR Code Generator||1 code / 100 scans per months||10 codes / 10,000 scans per month||40 codes / 100,000 scans per month|
|Portals Product Inserts||Unavailable||Available||Available|
Therefore, you’ll need to subscribe to the Diamond subscription plan to use the Portals Landing Page Builder. Also, the table indicates that using Portals on the Starter plan is not viable. Therefore, you can start off with the Platinum plan as a new Amazon seller and upgrade to the Diamond plan when your business is scaling.
Want to learn more about the subscription plans? Then click here for the Helium 10 pricing page to learn more.
What Features Are Included in Helium 10 Portals?
Portals is one of the more feature-rich tools at Helium 10. It’s important to understand the features to take full advantage of what the tools offer. It will also lead to better marketing campaigns as your conversions begin to skyrocket.
Now let’s take a closer look at the features of the 3 tools available with Portals
Landing Page Builder
- Templates: the tool provides templates that you can use to quickly create landing pages. This is ideal for users that don’t know how to build a landing page from scratch. Various templates exist for different use cases, including a product landing page, email opt-in page, and thank you page.
- Funnel traffic to product page: landing pages at Portals can be designed to funnel traffic to Amazon product pages. That’s the best place to drive traffic because you can piggyback off Amazon’s reputation and e-commerce infrastructure.
- Print or send: you can print the created product inserts off yourself, or send the design to your supplier. Therefore, it works whether you’re doing Amazon FBA or FBM.
- Unlimited designs: on the Helium 10 Platinum and Diamond plans, you can create an unlimited number of product insert designs.
QR Code Generator
- Smartphone scannable: everyone has at least one smartphone in the household, which means every customer who receives a product can scan the QR code. The convenience increases the odds of a successful scan.
- Customize URLs: you can create custom URLs to drive traffic to specific landing pages. Also, you can create several URLs if you want to split test landing pages to find the highest converting version.
How to Use Helium 10 Portals?
Using Helium 10 Portals from start to finish takes a lot of work and optimization to get the best results. This section outlines the basic steps you should follow to combine the different parts of Portals into a smooth workflow.
How to Create a Landing Page With Helium 10 Portals?
Start by logging into your Helium 10 Account and navigate to the Portals page from the header navigation menu.
Next, you’ll start by building a landing page, which you can do by clicking on Portals, and then the blue “Create New Portal” button.
On the next screen, you’ll have the option to select between 4 Pportal types, which are as follows:
- Product Sales: create a single simple website page that promotes your product and could offer discount coupons.
- Email Opt-In: create a page that shares your offer in exchange for an email.
- Thank You: thank your customers for buying, subscribing or something else.
- Button Tree: create a branded page with a list of button links. Ideal for social account bios or anywhere you’d like to provide links to many different places.
For the purposes of this tutorial, we chose Product Sales.
As you can see in the screenshot above, you can complete the landing page building process by considering the integrations, templates and finalizing details on the design page.
For a more detailed tutorial on how to create a landing page on Helium 10, check out the video below:
How to Create QR Codes With Helium 10 Portals?
To create QR codes, you can start by heading over to the QR Codes page and clicking on the blue “New QR Code” button, as you can see in the screenshot below.
Next, you’ll need to choose the CQ code type, and the options include:
- Portal Link
- Tracked URL
- Untracked URL
The screenshot above shows the steps required to create your QR code.
It includes choosing the URL, configuration, and design.
For detailed instructions on how to create QR codes check out the video tutorial by Helium 10. The host is Lem Turner, Brand Evangelist, and the video is just under 5 minutes long.
How to Create Product Inserts With Helium 10 Portals?
Start by navigating to the Product Inserts page and click on the blue “New Product Insert” button as shown in the screenshot below.
Next, click on the product insert type that you want to create. You can choose between standard and featured inserts. Explore the options to find the ones that match your objectives.
Also, as you can see from the screenshot above, you can complete the product insert creation process by considering the templates, QR codes, and design.
For a detailed guide on creating product inserts, we recommend you watch the Helium 10 video tutorial, hosted by Lem Turner, a Helium 10 Brand Evangelist.
It’s just over 5 minutes long and provides a great explanation of how to complete each step.
Our Experience Using Helium 10 Portals
We gave the tool a try for ourselves to give you a first-hand account of what to expect with Helium 10 Portals. Firstly, we found the Helium 10 tutorials informative and they helped us complete each step.
At first, we created the landing page and loved that the process was broken down into several steps. Also, the builder clearly displayed the number of steps left, which made us feel like progress was made every time we clicked the “Next” button.
Furthermore, the helium 10 landing page templates fast-tracked the design.
This feature was perfect because I didn’t feel like building a landing page from scratch.
Also, we loved how intuitive it was to connect the QR codes, product inserts and landing pages into one smooth marketing campaign. The 3 tools complement each other and are an essential part of the overall process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Helium 10 Portals Help You Increase Sales?
Yes, Helium 10 Portals can help you increase sales if you create a good marketing campaign. For example, you can drive external traffic from social media websites to your Amazon product pages to receive extra sales.
Also, you can increase repeat sales by adding QR codes to your product inserts, which funnel customers to other products. However, the sales boost depends on many variables, such as the quality of the offer and call to action.
Is Helium 10 Portals Available With the Free Trial?
Helium 10 Portals is not available with the free trial. Here are the minimum requirements for each of the Portals tools;
- Landing page builder: Helium 10 Diamond subscription
- QR code generator: Helium 10 Starter subscription
- Product inserts: Helium 10 Platinum subscription
Does Jungle Scout Provide a Portals Alternative?
Jungle Scout does not have a Portals alternative. This means that you cannot build landing pages on Jungle Scout, generate QR codes, or design product inserts.
Therefore, Portals is one of the reasons why you might choose to subscribe to Helium 10 instead of Jungle Scout.
What Are the Biggest Helium 10 Portals Mistakes to Avoid?
To avoid making a Helium 10 mistakes, you should make the following considerations:
- Don’t create a QR code that takes users to the wrong URL.
- Make sure the landing page delivers on the promise made on the external page.
- Create product insert offers that appeal to the target audience.
- Don’t choose the wrong landing page design for the use case.
- Optimize each part of your Portals marketing campaign to improve the conversion rate.
When Should You Start Using Helium 10 Portals?
You should start using Helium 10 Portals when you have found a product to sell on Amazon. That’s because the product insert must be added inside the packaging alongside the product.
FBM (Fulfillment by Merchant) sellers will need to print the product inserts and add them manually. Whereas FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) sellers can send the product insert design to the supplier, and they will add it to the product.
Final Verdict on Helium 10 Portals
To conclude, Helium 10 Portals is a strong marketing package that can help any Amazon seller increase sales when implemented correctly. The combination of landing pages, product inserts, and QR codes allows you to drive external traffic to your Amazon product pages.
Furthermore, Helium 10 Portals is available with the Starter, Platinum, and Diamond packages, but have different access rights. We recommend you compare the packages on the Helium 10 pricing page to find the best option.