Helium 10 has three payment plans, and the Starter Plan is the cheapest, making it ideal for beginner sellers.
This Starter Plan gives you access to most of the tools & features (but with a few limitations) on Helium 10 to grow your Amazon business faster and simpler.
But is the Helium 10 Starter Plan enough for you, even if you’re just starting, or would you get better value from other plans?
- The Helium 10 Starter Plan is best for beginner and intermediate FBA sellers with only a few product listings to manage.
- You get full access to Xray, Chrome extension, and Audience, among other tools.
- For advertising purposes, Helium 10 Starter Plan is NOT for you.
What’s Included in the Helium 10 Starter Plan?
Helium 10 has 30+ tools and resources available to you! And with the Starter Plan, you can access most of them! However, with several limitations:
Helium 10 bundles these add-ons and extras with your Starter Plan at no additional cost:
- Freedom Ticket – An 11-week course facilitated by Kevin King that helps Amazon sellers learn everything from setting up their seller account to automating their business.
- Connected Seller Accounts – Connect up to two seller accounts. This includes both Walmart and Amazon seller accounts.
- Amazon PPC Academy – In this course, you learn intermediate and advanced strategies to improve Amazon PPC ads. However, you only get access to it once your token is connected.
Product Research Tools
The Helium 10 Starter Plan also allows you to access three essential product research tools:
- Black Box – A product finder tool that enables you to find highly-profitable product opportunities in every category in just a few seconds!
- Trendster – Trendster tracks the market prices for specific products. That allows you to determine your product’s seasonality, discover which suppliers may be undercutting your prices, and more. However, Starter Plan subscribers can only use it 30 times monthly.
- Xray – An all-in-one product analysis tool that gives you access to powerful market insights like revenue, sales numbers, and demand to determine if a product is viable for sales in your chosen market. You can access it for both Walmart and Amazon under the basic plan.
Keyword Research Tools
Apart from product research, Helium 10 Starter Plan subscribers also get access to all the keyword research tools available. These include:
- Celebro – A reverse ASIN lookup tool that helps you find the most effective keywords from your competition. Starter Plan users get unlimited uses for both Walmart and Amazon.
- Magnet – This tool is equivalent to Google Keyword Planner but for Amazon. It allows you to collect thousands of traffic-driving keywords to improve your product listing rankings for your Amazon and Walmart stores.
- Mispellinator – This tool allows you to find frequently misspelled search terms, take advantage of them, and rank higher. Starter Plan subscribers are limited to 20 queries per month, which is more than enough even for more experienced sellers.
Listing Optimization Tools
You’ll also get access to five listing optimization tools to increase your ranking by completing your product listing best and ensuring that all keywords have been added.
- Frankenstein – Frankenstein is an Amazon keyword processor and cleaner that helps you to transform your list of keywords into more manageable groups to optimize your Amazon search rankings.
- Index Checker – Confirms if your products are indexed in all your target keywords. You can also use this to keep track of your competition. You get full access to it.
- Listing Analyzer – This is part of the Helium 10 Chrome extension that allows you to analyze live listings, determine your competitors’ selling strategies, and see how your products compare. However, you are limited to 50 uses per month under the Starter Plan.
- Listing Builder – This tool allows you to build a winning product listing from scratch, improving your chances of ranking for the right keywords and making maximum sales. You can also use it to optimize existing product listings. However, this tool has limited functionality on the Starter Plan, and there won’t be any Amazon sync.
- Audience – Access to 10,000+ US-based users eager to answer any questions about your listings, helping you to optimize your marketing with a test audience before it goes live. You get full access to this powerful tool.
These tools help to facilitate inventory management, Amazon refund processing, and more. Here’s what Starter Plan users get access to:
- Alerts – You can set up the Alerts tool to prevent lost revenue from fraudulent changes to your listing, another Amazon seller hijacking your product listing to make sales and loss of reputation/goodwill among sellers who trust you. However, you can only track up to 20 ASINs.
- Follow-Up – This tool makes it easy to automatically reach out to your Amazon customers to see how they like their products, what complaints they might have, offer a cross-sell/upsell, or for other reasons. However, you’re limited to 5,000 emails per month, which should be enough for new sellers with a smaller customer base.
- Inventory Protector – Use this tool to restrict the number of products a person can buy, especially during clearance/discount sales, to protect against fraudulent competitors buying off your inventory. Luckily, Starter Plan users get full access to this tool, allowing you to set protections on a product-by-product basis.
- Inventory Management – With this tool, you can track individual product stock better, complete supplier orders, avoid over-stocking products and use data-based predictions to maintain healthy stock levels. However, you are limited to 40 SKUs per month.
Data-based tools, like Helium 10’s analytical tools, allow you to get insight quickly and make better-informed decisions. The tools available for Starter Plan users are:
- Keyword Tracker – Stay on top of your organic and sponsored positions and gather data on monthly searchers, trends, searcher demographics, and alternate keywords. However, you can only track up to 500 keywords on Amazon or 100 on Walmart.
- Market Tracker – Get a bigger market picture and see how you fare compared to your competitors. This data can improve your listings, market share, consumer base, and overall brand positioning. Starter Plan users can track up to 3 markets, while the highest plan can track 5x that.
- Profits – This dashboard gives you an overview of how much you’ve realized from different markets, your profit trend, products with increasing/decreasing sales trends, and the most profitable items you’re shipping. Starter Plan users get full access to this tool for Amazon. However, you’re limited when it comes to your Walmart store.
11 Tools and Features Not Available in Helium 10 Starter Plan
Helium 10’s Starter Plan gives you access to tons of tools. However, not all the tools and features on this robust Amazon FBA platform are available to you:
- Adtomic – An AI-powered PPC software that helps make Amazon advertising easier and more efficient. You can purchase it as an add-on to the Starter Plan for $199 a month or scale to the highest plan (Diamond) to get it as a free add-on.
- Business Valuation – Upgrading to any plan above the Starter Plan gives you access to the Helium 10 team to evaluate your business’ worth at exit.
- Exit Ticket – A course offered by Helium 10 that helps you build an eCommerce business ready to be sold for the highest possible amount whenever you want to exit the brand.
- Monthly Expert Training – Access to advanced techniques from successful trainers and sellers to help you grow your brand faster.
- In-Person Workshops – Get invited to networking events with the best Amazon FBA sellers.
- Private Facebook Group – Access a private group filled with industry experts and over 40,000 sellers. You can learn new strategies there, get informed with industry news, and more.
- Refund Genie – Automates the FBA reimbursement process for lost or damaged inventory. With it, you save time and money on manually validating and processing each refund request, ultimately making your business more effective.
- Advanced Brand Analytics – Get an insight into the marketplace and competitors, including search frequency rank and ASINs click and conversion rates.
- Insights & Recommendations – Get actionable insights and recommendations from Helium 10 to maximize your Helium 10 growth.
- Market Tracker 360 – An analytics tool to create custom markets to identify new competitors and spot trends.
- Elite Mastermind Group – A group of top-tier FBA sellers to help grow your business higher than ever. You can network there, get access to monthly webinars, and more. This is an add-on to your plan starting at $399 monthly.
Who Is the Helium 10 Starter Plan Made For?
I recommend the Helium 10 Starter Plan for two types of Amazon FBA sellers:
- The beginner FBA business owner who wants to see if FBA is for them.
- An intermediate seller who only has a few products to sell and doesn’t look to expand their business.
For others, pick the Platinum plan or higher! These other plans have fewer limitations and give access to crucial tools for more effective day-to-day management.
Summing It All Up
The Helium 10 Starter Plan ensures access to most of the tools, which is a great place to start for new or intermediate sellers with a smaller product base.
However, it’s too restrictive for any Amazon seller looking to build a six-figure or more significant business. In that case, explore what you can get from the Helium 10 Platinum plan.