You can create Helium 10 QR codes for free or through Portals as part of a paid subscription plan. The subscription plans that allow you to create QR codes include Starter (1 code), Platinum (10 codes), and Diamond (40 codes).
Furthermore, Portals enables you to monitor the success of your QR code generation strategy by tracking the number of scans, devices, and locations.
- Combine Helium 10 QR codes with product inserts to increase traffic to Amazon product listings.
- The Helium 10 Diamond plan lets you send QR code traffic to Portals landing pages.
- The number of available QR code scans increases as you upgrade to a higher-tier Helium 10 subscription plan.
What Is the Helium 10 QR Code?
The Helium 10 QR code allows you to send customers to any URL. Therefore, you can send customers to your Amazon product page, or landing pages where you can convert the lead.
According to Helium 10, here is what their QR codes can do:
- Allow customers to recognize, interact with and follow your brand
- Promote marketing materials and selling opportunities
- Measure the reach to your target audience
- Improve product development by generating customer feedback
Therefore, the Helium 10 QR code is an important component of marketing campaigns to increase traffic to your product pages. Combined with the Helium 10 Portals tools, you can create a buyer’s journey that allows you to optimize the conversion rate.
What Helium 10 Subscription Plans Allow You to Create a QR Code?
You can create a QR code for free by registering for a Helium 10 account – there is no need to choose one of the paid Helium 10 subscriptions. This provides more value to the Helium 10 free trial since new Amazon sellers can start driving traffic through QR codes.
However, to receive the advantages of creating QR codes with the Helium 10 Portals tool, you’ll need to sign up with one of the paid plans. Here is a breakdown of the Portals QR Code Generator usage access with each plan:
- Starter: 1 code with 100 scans per month
- Platinum: 10 codes with 10,000 scans per month
- Diamond: 40 codes with 100,000 cans per month
Therefore, the Platinum or Diamond plan is the best choice if your Amazon business is growing and you need to use more QR codes with a large monthly scan count.
Want to learn how other features compare between pricing plans? Then check out the Helium 10 Pricing page.
How to Create a Helium 10 QR Code?
You can create a Helium 10 QR code for free, or by using the Portals tool.
In this section, we share the step-by-step method for how to do both, so you can choose the method that applies to your use case.
How to Create Helium 10 QR Code With the Free Version?
Start by navigating to the following webpage: QR Code Creator.
On the Helium 10 QR Code Creator page, you’ll need to enter the target URL, and then click on the blue “Create Your QR Code” to proceed. Also, you can spend a few minutes reading the information on this page to learn the benefits of using a QR code for your Amazon business.
Next, you’ll need to design the QR code, which includes selecting a color scheme and adding a logo if you’d like. This could be the same logo as on your Amazon products for branding.
Finally, click on the blue “Save and Finish” button to complete the process.
How to Create a Helium 10 QR Code With the Paid Version?
Start by logging into your Helium 10 account and navigate to the Portals tool, as shown in the screenshot below:
Next, head over to the QR codes page and click on the blue “New QR Code” button to proceed.
Now you’ll need to select the QR code type, and there are 3 options:
- Portal link: link to an active portal page.
- Tracked URL: link to any URL. QR Code scans and shortened URL statistics will be tracked.
- Untracked URL: link to any URL. QR Code scans and shortened URL statistics will NOT be tracked.
From the screenshot above, you can see how to complete the QR code creation process by following the steps. The process includes selecting the URL, configuration, and design.
Furthermore, you can view a Helium 10 video tutorial for detailed instructions on creating QR codes. The video is hosted by Lem Turner, Brand Evangelist at Helium 10, and it’s just under 5 minutes long.
What Are the Benefits of the Paid Helium 10 QR Code?
You might be wondering why you should use the Portals QR code generation method instead of the free one. The difference is night and day when you fully appreciate the benefits and how it can help market your Amazon business.
- Tracked URLs: the paid version lets you keep track of the shortened URL statistics, QR code scans, locations, and scanned devices. Therefore, you can measure the success of your marketing campaign.
- Integrations: Portals provide integration with marketplaces and other platforms. Therefore, you can create workflows and improve the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Link to portal page: these are landing pages that allow you to increase the conversion rate for your traffic. Sending your QR code traffic to portal pages will increase sales and the likelihood of repeat customers.
Why Do You Need to Create a Helium 10 QR Code?
Creating a Helium 10 QR code allows you to direct traffic to a particular URL.
This could be one of your Amazon product listings or a landing page created with Portals.
In practice, the process works like this:
- Customer buys one of your products.
- You or your supplier ships the product with an insert that has the QR code.
- Customer notices the QR code and the call to action alongside it.
- Customer then scans the QR code and is funneled to other product pages.
- You can monitor the success of your QR code scans with data in Portals.
QR codes are scanned with smartphone devices – something almost everyone has in their possessions. Therefore, it’s a convenient and effective way of increasing the number of repeat purchases.
Furthermore, the QR code call to action can include discounts and other offers to increase the likelihood of a scan. Optimizing your offers and the look of your product inserts is important to increase the frequency of your scans.
Our Experiences Creating a Helium 10 QR Code
We tried the feature out for ourselves to bring you a balanced and accurate account of what you can expect with the Helium 10 QR creation process. Firstly, we were pleased that QR codes can be generated with the free account. This is helpful for new Amazon sellers on a low budget.
The QR creation process itself is self-explanatory because of the clear user interface.
The lack of clutter makes it easy to understand the next action to take. Also, we liked the helpful messages for each part of the design process.
You also have control over the appearance of your QR code, and no technical skills are required to play around with the look. I’m no designer, so the approachability of this tool is appreciated.
Finally, creating a Helium 10 QR code is a fast process that takes just a few minutes.
Once you get the hang of it, you’ll create QR codes within a few moments.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Do Customers Use to Scan the Helium 10 QR Code?
Customers can scan a QR code with the camera of a smartphone. Most Apple and Android phones have a native app that allows you to scan the QR code. However, you should provide generic instructions for scanning QR codes for customers who don’t understand the technology.
This will increase the number of QR scans and potentially the number of sales.
Does Jungle Scout Allow You to Create QR Codes?
No, Jungle Scout does not have a feature that allows you to create QR codes.
Therefore, Helium 10 has an advantage in this area. However, Jungle Scout provides other marketing support through the “Promotions” package.
How Long Does It Take To Create a Helium 10 QR Code?
You can create a QR code in under 5 minutes, but it varies on your experience level.
Creating the first QR code will take longer as you figure out the details of using the tool. However, subsequent QR codes will be much faster to generate.
Overall, Helium 10 offers a fast and intuitive QR code generation process that even beginners figure out quickly.
How Many Helium 10 QR Codes Can You Create?
The number of Helium 10 QR codes you can create depends on your chosen subscription plan. Here is a summary of the number you can create for each plan:
- Starter: 1 code
- Platinum: 10 codes
- Diamond: 40 codes
Final Thoughts on Helium 10 QR Code Generation
To conclude, the Helium 10 QR code generation feature is available with the free and paid subscription plans. You can send traffic to a Portals landing page on the Diamond plan, and it offers up to 40 codes. Furthermore, QR codes are a vital component of an effective marketing strategy when using product inserts.
Do you want to compare the available features of Portals for the different subscription tiers? Then check out the Helium 10 pricing page to learn more.