Amazon sellers can use Helium 10 with Alibaba via the Alibaba Supplier Finder and Alibaba Demand Analyzer. These tools can be accessed using the Helium 10 Chrome Extension from the search results pages of Amazon and Alibaba. However, you cannot connect Helium 10 directly to Alibaba.
Furthermore, you can access the Helium 10 Alibaba tools on the Starter, Platinum, and Diamond plans, and you get 50 uses with the free trial.
- Discover Alibaba suppliers straight from the Amazon product search results pages.
- Evaluate product demand on Amazon directly from the Alibaba search result pages.
- Use both Alibaba tools via the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- Save time finding suppliers and verifying product demand on Amazon with the Helium 10 Alibaba tools.
What Helium 10 Tools Can Be Used With Alibaba?
The Helium 10 tools that can be used with Alibaba include Alibaba Supplier Finder (Used on Amazon) and Alibaba Demand Analyzer (used on Alibaba). The tool you use depends on where you start your product research – on Amazon or Alibaba. Let’s look at how each tool helps with product research.
Alibaba Supplier Finder
The Alibaba Supplier Finder helps you find suppliers on Alibaba from the Helium 10 Xray tool, and it’s best used when starting product research from Amazon. Therefore, you can quickly determine if there are suitable quality suppliers for products of interest and estimate the unit cost. Here are some useful filters to narrow your Alibaba supplier search:
- Price: enter a price range to find products that fall within your budget for achieving a good profit margin. Note that the per-unit price on Alibaba supplier pages is just an estimate, and you’ll need to communicate with the suppliers to get the actual figures.
- Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ): refers to the smallest number of units you can order. Find suppliers with a small MOQ if you have a limited budget, or neglect this metric if money’s not an object.
- Vendor rating: this filter is based on Alibaba’s star rating based on the supplier’s feedback from buyers. Ideally, it should be at least 4.0 out of 5.
- Supplier country: the available options are China, United States, Japan, South Korea, India, Pakistan, Vietnam, and Thailand.
- Vendor type: choose between manufacturer and trading company.
- Age of the account: the available options are 1+ years, 3+ years, 5+ years, and 7+ years. An older account should indicate a well-established Alibaba supplier that will be more reliable.
There’s more where that came from, but you get the general idea already.
Furthermore, you can extend your supplier research by visiting the Alibaba website to learn more about each supplier.
Alibaba Demand Analyzer
Use the Alibaba Demand Analyzer when starting your product research on Alibaba.com.
The tool summarizes the niche similarly to Xray but with less detail. To access the Alibaba Demand Analyzer, you’ll need to search for a product and open the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
The Demand Analyzer provides the average price, search volume, related keywords, and estimated revenue. Therefore, you can find viable product-selling opportunities while searching on Alibaba. It’s an alternative product research strategy that helps uncover gems you may never have found while searching on Amazon.
How to Use Alibaba Supplier Finder?
Now let’s take a look at how to use the Alibaba Supplier Finder tool when selling on Amazon with my step-by-step guide:
- Sign up for a free Helium 10 account.
- Log into your Helium 10 account.
- Go to Amazon and search for a product. I’ll use “yoga mats” in my example. Then, open the Helium 10 Chrome Extension.
- Click “Xray – Amazon Product Research.”
- Click “Find Suppliers on Alibaba.”
- A pop-up appears where you can view Alibaba suppliers. Narrow your search by entering filters, clicking on a supplier to view their Alibaba page, or “View More on Alibaba” to continue your search on Alibaba.com.
How to Use the Alibaba Demand Analyzer?
- Click “Analyze Product Demand on Amazon.”
- The Product Demand Analyzer pop-up appears. Click “See analysis” to proceed.
- On the next screen, you’ll see a summary of the niche. Here, you can analyze the niche demand, see estimated search volume graphs, or click “See all top products” to open Black Box.
What Helium 10 Subscription Plans Provide Alibaba Tools?
The Helium 10 Subscription plans that provide the Alibaba Supplier Finder and Alibaba Demand Analyzer include Starter, Platinum, and Diamond. I recommend reading my Helium 10 Plans guide to determine the best choice for your Amazon business.
Furthermore, here’s a table showing the Helium 10 plan pricing costs:
Do you want to enjoy even bigger savings? Then enter the following coupon codes during checkout:
- Get 20% OFF Your First 6 Months with code: REVENUE6M20
- OR 10% OFF Every Month with code: REVENUEGEEKS10
What to Look For in a Good Alibaba Supplier?
Choosing a great Alibaba supplier ensures your business receives high-quality products at competitive prices. However, with so many suppliers on Alibaba, it can be tricky to uncover the gems from the bunch.
Here are some tips to help during your supplier search:
- Prices: Start your search by creating a list of the lowest-priced suppliers. After all, lower per-unit prices lead to higher profitability. However, don’t choose based on price alone; you need quality products to deliver a good customer experience.
- Quality: you’ll need to order a sample to verify product quality. Then you’ll need to inspect the sample to find faults. Ideally, order samples from multiple suppliers, especially those with a lower MOQ, and compare them to find one with the best quality.
- Shipping options and fees: find suppliers offering the shipping options you need. Typical options include DDP (Delivered Duty Paid), DDU (Delivered Duty Unpaid), FOB (Free on Board), and more. Also, find out what shipping charges are offered. Some suppliers have agreements with shipping companies, allowing them to enjoy exclusive rates.
- Communication: use the Alibaba messaging system to contact suppliers and evaluate their communication skills. You’re seeking acceptable English, clarity, and reasonably fast response times. Ask important questions and pay attention to the accuracy of the answers.
- Manufacturing time: determine the manufacturing time for your desired product quantity. Some manufacturers might be too busy to fulfill your orders promptly, while others are eager for orders and will help you reduce lead times.
How to Verify if an Alibaba Supplier Is Safe to Use?
Alibaba supplier verification is vital in selecting the right one for your business.
With the proper checks, you can reduce the chances of running into scams, poor product quality, and unreliable manufacturing time.
Here are a few tips:
- Check for verification badges: see what verification checks the supplier has received. This includes onsite checks, certification checks, and premise ownership status.
- Look for Gold Suppliers: suppliers on Alibaba can register for a paid membership to receive Gold Supplier status. This indicates the supplier is serious about their business on Alibaba, but take it with a grain of salt. That’s because paying for a Gold Supplier membership requires little effort – even for poor-quality suppliers.
- Delve into the track history: review the number of years the supplier has been active on Alibaba and the volume of orders processed in terms of transaction size. Suppliers with a proven track history are less likely to provide a bad experience.
- Look for certifications: inspect manufacturer Alibaba profile pages to review credentials photos. These certifications include proof of a business license and product quality inspections.
- Factory photos: likewise, look at the pictures of the factory and offices to gauge the company’s professionalism.
My Experiences With Helium 10 Alibaba Tools?
Using the Alibaba Supplier Finder and Alibaba Demand Analyzer was a straightforward experience that simplified the transition between Amazon and Alibaba.
Firstly, I enjoyed receiving product or supplier research information in a pop-up window instead of having to leave the website (Amazon or Alibaba). Also, I loved that both tools are part of the Helium 10 Chrome Extension, which was already installed on my browser.
This meant I could start using them without additional downloads and installation.
Finally, the detailed filters of the Alibaba Supplier Finder helped me streamline suppliers. Therefore, I didn’t need to scroll through countless results not matching my requirements.
Pros and Cons of Using Helium 10 Alibaba Tools
You must sign up for a paid Helium 10 subscription to receive unlimited access to the Chrome Extension and the Alibaba tools. Hence, I provide the pros and cons of the tools so you can decide if they justify an account upgrade.
- The tools provide information via a pop-up, so there’s no need to leave the website (Amazon or Alibaba).
- Available with the Helium 10 Starter, Platinum, and Diamond plans.
- Receive 50 uses with the Helium 10 free trial.
- Save time by checking Amazon product demand and Alibaba supplier availability.
- The Alibaba Supplier Finder pop-up is too small, thus you can only view a limited number of suppliers at a time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Helium 10 Alibaba tools are available with the free trial. That’s because the Helium 10 free trial offers the Chrome Extension but is limited to just 50 free monthly uses. Furthermore, the free trial has no expiration date, so you can test the Alibaba tools at your own pace.
Are the Helium 10 Alibaba Tools Worth Using?
Yes, as the Alibaba Supplier Finder gives you a sneak preview of what suppliers can provide the products you find on Amazon without visiting Alibaba.com. Likewise, the Alibaba Demand Analyzer offers a shortcut to determine product demand on Amazon straight from Alibaba search result pages.
Want to give the Alibaba tools a try for yourself? Then sign up for Helium 10 to supercharge your supplier and product research.