Helium 10 BlackBox is a product research tool used to find items according to the seller’s requirements. Designed with multiple search filters, the tool aims to ease the process of Amazon product hunting.
Because of the hours of manual search it cuts down, the Black Box tool takes a spot as one of the most powerful and valuable tools any serious private label or eCommerce retailer should keep in their inventory.
It doesn’t stop at assisting in finding products but can also help you uncover a treasure chest of profitable keywords. Unfortunately, most Amazon sellers don’t understand how to use Black Box correctly and cannot use it to its full potential.
Don’t fret; we’ve explored and studied every aspect of Blackbox to help you make the most out of the tool.
Check out the guide for an in-depth experience!
What Is The Helium 10 Black Box Tool?
Black Box is essentially a research tool that allows you to see the search volume for different product keywords on Amazon using specific data from Amazon’s API (application programming interface).
Helium 10 Black Box (niche finder) is a tool that brings together powerful data sets to help sellers find their next winning product. It does this by finding products that are already selling well and analyzing those products for their strengths and weaknesses.
When Black Box finds a product in your niche that has the potential to be a winner, it alerts you so that you can decide whether to pursue it.
The tool is essentially a modern-day variation of the good old-fashioned “punch card” — a.k.a., a punch card that told you how many keywords a product is ranking for, how much money it is making, and the number of product sales occuring.
How Does It Work?
Black Box analyzes millions of products across the internet and then uses its data analytics software to identify the best products and niches at any given time.
The algorithm considers numerous factors, including potential traffic, competition, market size, and profit margins.
It works by gathering data from various sources, including Google autocomplete, eBay, Bing, and YouTube.
Black Box uses data from Helium 10 to analyze products in these critical areas; Search Volume, BSR, Price, Estimated Sales/Revenue, Reviews.
The tool has 5 different methods or sub-divisions you can use to search for products.
- Products – Random selection for when the user wants to explore a category
- Keywords – Targeted selection against the keywords and search terms provided
- Niches – Selection against a particular niche
- Competitors – Finding related products against your competitor’s ASIN(s)
- Product Targeting – Discover products that appear in Amazon’s “Frequently Bought Together” or “Customers Also Bought”
How To Do Product Research With Black Box?
Moving on, let’s discuss how to navigate through the tool.
Product research with Helium 10’s Black Box is seamless. All you have to do is go to the page.
- Choose the method you want to use to facilitate your research
- Set your filters
- Use the “advanced filters” option for more specific requirements
And voila! You’ve got your results
If you want to adjust how your products appear, simply do so by heading to the small tab on the extreme right.
For more help, check out Helium 10’s training videos.
Can Black Box Find Profitable Products?
Yes, Black Box is a product research tool that aims to help you find products to generate profit and grow your Amazon business.
When you launch a product on Amazon, it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle of millions of other products, but you need to make sure it’s spotted. The best way to do that is by finding a niche market with low competition, high demand, and high margin potential.
When used correctly, Black Box offers a wide range of filters that are compelling in combing through the data to find products that meet your criteria.
What Are Helium 10 Black Box Search Filters?
Black Box has two sets of filters: Main Filters and Advanced Filters.
Primary filters are used to find product ideas, while Advanced filters allow you to do more detailed searches based on real-time data and metrics (like keyword search volume) that can help you filter out the best products.
The main filters allow you to dive deep into the product data to find the exact products you want. It is the section where you’ll find Black Box’s default search filters. The main filters are used to find product ideas. They include:
- Product Category – Select a product category from the dropdown menu or type it in if it does not exist yet. (ex. Pet Supplies).
- Price Range – Set a minimum and maximum price range for the products you want to find (in USD). This is another important filter because it allows you to select items with a specific price range depending on how much money you are willing to spend on your inventory cost.
- Keyword Search Volume: Present only in the keyword subdivision, this is the average number of times a keyword is searched for in a month on Amazon. Use this filter to find keywords with large search volumes or small search volumes.
- Review Count – Set a minimum number of reviews that you want your products to have. This filter only works for Amazon products. Having reviews on your product can help you sell more units and have a higher rank. You will want to choose products with at least 10 reviews or more. If you choose products that don’t have any reviews, you won’t have accurate information about the sales and ranking for that product.
- Product Rating – Set a minimum rating that you want your products to have. This filter only works for Amazon products. The average rating of each product. Products with an average rating higher than 4.5 stars will be considered great products, but you’ll want to make sure that there are enough reviews (more than 50). You can use this filter to see all products with an average rating above 3 stars.
- Keyword Competition: This filter allows you to filter products by keyword competition. You can filter out low-competition keywords (long-tail keywords), or focus on high-competition keywords (short-tail keywords).
- Product Listings: This filter allows you to choose which types of products you’d like to receive in your search results. You have three options: Sellers (only show products with sellers), Estimations (only show products with estimations), or All Products (show all products).
The advanced filters allow you to do more detailed searches based on real-time data and metrics like keywords, several sellers, monthly sales and more!
The advanced filters include:
- Keyword Relevance: Helps you find relevant keywords that buyers are searching for right now. The Keyword Relevance filter uses real-time data from Amazon’s autocomplete algorithm, which suggests popular keyword searches based on the search query you enter into the Amazon search bar.
- Number of Sellers – The average number of sellers currently in the top products.
- Listing Quality Score – A score from 0-1 indicates the quality of products currently listed against a specific keyword phrase.
- Listing Relevance Score – A score from 0-1 indicates how relevant your product listing is to a specific keyword phrase.
- Seller competition – The number of sellers on Amazon using ads to compete for that keyword. Seller competition is calculated using the top 10 sellers for each keyword or product. If a seller has multiple ASINs with the same keyword or product in their title, we will count this as one seller. The total number of sellers is then divided by 10. So if there are 2 sellers, the seller competition is 20%. If there are 5 sellers, the seller competition is 50%. If there are 7 sellers, the seller competition is 70%. If there are 10 sellers, the seller competition is 100%.
- Exact phrase match (EPM) competitor count – The number of sellers using EPM ads to compete for that keyword, ie how many competitors are using the exact phrase match term?
- Sponsored product competitor count – The number of sellers using SP ads to compete for that keyword. How many competitors are running Sponsored Products for this keyword?
- The Amazon Buy Box is the box on a product detail page where customers begin the purchasing process by adding items to their shopping carts. There is typically only one buy box per product. It usually belongs to the seller with the lowest price, who also has an acceptable performance history.
- The Buy Box determines which vendor shoppers purchase from and is an important metric for sellers to monitor.
- There are a few different ways to determine how many sellers are competing for the buy box on a particular product. Still, they all require you to click on the product itself.
- Number of Sellers Competing for a Buy Box
- Amazon’s algorithm considers several things when determining which products appear in the Buy Box. A few of these factors include:
- Competition: Number of Sellers Competing for a Buy Box
- Price: The Cost of Your Product Compared to Your Competitor’s Product
- Shipping Time: How Long it Will Take You to Get Your Product to Your Customer
- Shipping Costs: The Amount of Money You Charge for Shipping and Handling (S&H)
- Feedback Score: How Many Positive Reviews You Have Received from Customers.
What Can The Tool Do For You?
With the black box tool, you can find profitable products on Amazon and create a list of products to sell. This tool is the best way to find products that meet your criteria quickly.
By using the filters, you can narrow down your product search.
What Are the Benefits of Using Black Box?
Speed – You can use Black Box to quickly scan for profitable niches without doing numerous tedious data gathering yourself. Instead of spending hours scanning ecommerce sites and other sources, you can find out in minutes what products are poised to make money right now. We don’t recommend using the tool exclusively for niche research because a few critical factors are missing, but if you’re looking to make decisions quickly and efficiently, then this will help.
Time-Saving – The time-saving aspect goes hand in hand with speed. Suppose you know what you’re looking for. In that case, you can use this tool to gather the necessary data rapidly to make your way over to Amazon and start taking a look at the products that are selling within your niche.
Metrics – Black Box provides you with some useful metrics that will help point you in the right direction when choosing products to sell on Amazon FBA. You’ll be able to see the bestsellers rank of each product within your niche, how many reviews they have, and what the average price is that they sell for.
Quality – This tool is one of the best for finding niche ideas because it cuts out all the time-consuming manual work that you would otherwise have to do.
Affordability – At $97 this is a very fair price for a tool that will give you more than enough potential products and niches.
Product Ideas – Black Box gives you access to thousands of potential product ideas by showing what people are already searching for on Amazon. It’s easy to find products that are performing well but hard to find ones with room for growth before the competition catches up; with Black Box you’ll know both!
Keywords – One of the most important parts of listing optimization is finding relevant keywords that people use when searching Amazon’s catalog. Without these keywords, your product won’t be found by users. Black Box provides a list of keywords to boost your sales and increase traffic to your products listing.
Profitability – Another great benefit is that Black Box tells you how much money you can make from each product by providing various important details like sales volume, FBM cost, FB ads cost/day, FB ads spend/week, ad-spend ROI, FB ads spend/month, break-even point, EB profit/month, EB profit ROI and more. You can then use this information to determine whether a product is worth selling or not.
Best Sellers Rank (BSR) – BSR is the most important factor in determining a product’s popularity. A product with a low BSR means it sells better than a product with a higher BSR. It also indicates how well optimized your Amazon listing is. Sorting by order volume
Sorting by order volume is useful for finding niches with a good amount of monthly sales. I like to search for products with around $10,000 – $20,000 in monthly sales.
Sorting by revenue
Sorting by revenue is good for finding profitable niches. The higher the revenue, the more people will be willing to spend on their product, and the more potential there is for you to make money from that niche.
Sorting by number of keywords
Sorting by several keywords is useful if you want to find a competitive niche but still has room for another store or blog. You can use this feature with sorting by revenue and order volume to find niches that have numerous monthly sales and plenty of profit potential, but not a huge number of competitors. Why it’s important!
Sorting your data is a simple way to help you quickly find profitable niches without having to do any tedious research yourself. It can save you hours and help you focus on the most relevant information at hand.
Can I Save My Search Criteria?
Yes! After applying your filters, click the “Save Search” button to save that search. You can save the list as CSV or Excel files to your computer, so you can always come back to them when you need it. You will be able to quickly load saved searches in the future.
Best Search Filters To Use
There are many filters to choose from when searching for products to sell. You can filter by the product’s bestseller rank on Amazon, the number of reviews a product has, the product’s price, and much more.
But which search filters should you use?
Here are the most important search filters to use: The first filter is the ability to choose categories to search from. This can be a very handy way to narrow your search down if you know the category you’re looking for.
The second filter is the ability to choose a date range for your search. This works best when searching for niche products, as it will allow you to see what has been selling well on Amazon over a certain period and generate more ideas for products that have sold well recently.
The third and final filter allows you to sort your products by either Price or Recent Sales (BSR). This can be helpful when trying to find products that are selling well on Amazon, but may not necessarily be priced higher than other items in their category.
The Search by price range is how you will be able to see items at different prices. Pick the highest-priced item from the list and add it to your watch list, then move on to the next one until you have a good number of items on your watch list. After that, analyze those items with our tool and see which ones are more profitable for you to sell.
The Next filter to use is competition levels – Competition can be a double-edged sword. On one hand, it means there are buyers for the products you want to sell, but on the other hand, it also means that more competitors are trying to get sales away from you. So, competition can be good and bad, but how do you know if it is too much?
The number of reviews is an easy way to judge competition levels in your market. If most products in that market have 50 or fewer customer reviews, then that’s great! There is not too much competition in that niche. However, if most products have over 50 customer reviews, then there is probably too much competition in that niche. In these cases, I recommend moving on to other niches with less competition.
What Is Title Density?
Title density refers to the number of times a single word appears in a title. If a specific keyword is listed as popular but has a high title density, you may want to avoid it. This means there are many competitors already using this word in their title, which could make it difficult or impossible for your product to rank highly for that word.
When it comes to ranking well on Amazon, the way keywords are used in your title is important. Keyword density, which is a measure of how often a keyword appears in a title as a percentage of total words, is one metric that can help you optimize your listing.
But if you search for the phrase “keyword density” in Helium 10 Black Box, we don’t just show you the products with “keyword density” in the title. Instead, we show you all the products where this phrase appears anywhere in the product title.
This means that if I was looking to launch a product focusing on keyword density, I would need to use this term much more frequently than if I was just using it occasionally.
What Categories Should You Look Out For?
Amazon sellers can use Black Box to find potential products to sell on the Amazon platform. The tool helps sellers uncover millions of products on Amazon (including ones that are not selling well). You can also see the best keywords to target and the ones you should avoid. Sellers can also check out top-selling products in any given market.
But what categories and subcategories should you look out for? And, more importantly, what’s all the buzz about Helium 10 Black Box?
You’ll be able to search categories and subcategories by:
- Best Sellers Rank (BSR) range
- Number of Reviews
- Average Rating
- Category Tags and more
When looking for that “golden” product, one of the most important things you should pay attention to is the category that it’s in. Ideally, we want a product with high-demand and low competition. This means we need to focus on categories where there are plenty of buyers and not many sellers offering similar products. So, what are these categories? To answer this question, we’re going to use Helium 10s Black Box to search in all Amazon categories and uncover which ones are the most profitable.
What Are People Saying About Black box?
Black Box is the perfect tool to help you gather data before you commit to a listing. It helps sellers make informed decisions. The information and data gathered from Black Box will save you money, but perhaps more importantly, it will save you time.
Take a look at what some users are saying about Helium 10 Black Box below:
“This is a great tool for keyword research. It’s so easy to pull data from Amazon on BSR, reviews, and sales rank. This data is super helpful in knowing where I want to place my products.”
“I was looking for a tool that could help me find keywords for my listings, and this one does it all. I use it every day.”
“Helium 10 Black Box has been an absolute game-changer for me! I love the “sort by review count” feature because it gives me a good idea of what products are selling in a specific niche!”
“I have been using the black box for a few weeks now, and I find it very useful when doing product research.”
The Black Box tool is the most powerful keyword research tool that I’ve ever used. This software is so easy to use and allows you to find keywords and spy on your competitors to see where they are ranking in the Amazon search results.
“As a former Amazon employee, I was shocked at how easy this software makes it to find winning products and spy on your competition. People are using this software to make millions of dollars in sales every year.
We’re using this software to generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales per month across multiple brands. I can’t recommend it enough!”
Who Can Use Helium Black Box?
Black Box helps sellers of all levels and experiences. If you’re a beginner, you can use this tool to launch your first Amazon business. If you’re a seasoned seller, you can use Black Box to find new products or niches that you haven’t tried yet.
Black Box’s user interface makes it easy to navigate and research with the tool’s extensive data set. In addition, Black Box gives detailed instructions and examples for navigating the platform.
How Much Does Black Box Cost?
The cost of Helium 10 Black Box varies depending on which plan you choose and whether you pay monthly or annually. There are four different plans: Basic, Standard, Advanced, and Elite. Each plan comes with different features that increase in power as the tiers go up in price.
Is This Product Research Tool Beginner Friendly?
Like any other tool, if you want to get the most out of it, you need to know how to use it properly. But Black Box is very user-friendly and offers plenty of tutorials that help beginners learn quickly. It also offers advanced features that more experienced sellers can leverage to find better products more quickly. That makes it a great choice at any level of selling experience.
Does Black Box Have A Chrome Extension?
Yes! The Helium 10 Chrome Extension offers all the product research features available in Black Box in a convenient toolbar format that makes it easy to use on any Amazon listing page. You can see estimated monthly sales volumes, historical prices, Best Seller Rankings, estimated revenue, and more by simply clicking on the extension when you visit any Amazon product page.
Is Helium 10 Black Box Data Accurate?
There is a lot to love about Helium 10 Black Box tool. But one thing that sets it apart from the competition is its data accuracy. Helium 10 Black Box uses data collected directly from Amazon, so it’s 100% accurate. Since it’s pulled right from the source, you get a much more granular view of your competition’s keyword strategy than you would use other keyword research tools like Google Keyword Planner or Ubersuggest.
It uses real sales data from actual products that are being sold on Amazon right now. This makes it a much more reliable source of information that you can use to make your product research decisions.
Can Black Box Find Profitable Products?
The short answer is YES. Black Box can help you find profitable products with some cautions. The tool allows you to filter results by rank and weight, both of which are important factors in determining sales volume, but other variables determine profitability.
Black Box is a great tool for identifying product opportunities in your niche, but you should always do additional research before deciding on a product to launch.
You need to be able to determine profit margins (after factoring in Amazon fees and shipping costs), estimate monthly sales volume, and do enough keyword research to ensure your listing will be found by relevant customers.
Get, Set, Research
Product research is a vital part of selling on Amazon. If you don’t take it seriously, you could end up with a sub-par product that performs poorly.
This is why Helium 10 created Black Box to make research easier. As you keep using the tool, you’ll learn more about what works for you and be able to make even better choices for your future products.
In this article, you learned the importance of product research and the basics of how to use Helium 10s Black Box tool. You now know how to set up your search parameters and the meaning of different metrics within the tool. With this knowledge, you can improve your product selection and increase your chances of launching a successful product on Amazon.
If you haven’t yet tried Black Box or are not a Helium 10 member yet, sign up for a free account now!