The best way to find trending products with Helium 10 is with Trendster.
Trendster focuses on sales data and pulls product information to show trends and seasonality.
Helium 10 also offers several other product research tools, all useful to online sellers.
But which can help you discover trending products, too?
In this article, I’ll show you how to discover trending products with Helium 10 and apply relevant query filters to find and validate top-selling items for Amazon.
- Helium 10’s trending product research tools include Trendster, Black Box, and X-Ray.
- Some tools can be used for free and are accessible from the Helium 10 Chrome extension.
- Learn extra filters to get trending products from these tools.
How to Find Trending Products With Helium 10?
Helium 10 helps you find seasonal and evergreen products to sell in your Amazon FBA store.
It also helps determine their profitability, inventory fees, and supplier contacts.
I’ll focus on the following Helium 10 trending product research tools:
- Black Box
- Xray Amazon Product Research
Before we get started, confirm that you’ve installed the Helium 10 Chrome extension.
The extension helps you get the ASINs of products that you can further analyze with other Helium 10 tools.
How to Find Trending Products With Trendster?
Helium 10’s Trendster pulls past sales data over multiple Amazon marketplaces to show a product’s seasonality, trends chart, and whether it’s wise to stock up immediately.
The tool also analyzes keywords associated with ASINs to get their search volumes and trends.
Here’s how to get started:
- Log into your Helium 10 dashboard.
- Click “Tools.”
- Select “Trendster.” Wait for Trendster to load on the screen.
- Paste up to four ASINs and four keywords into Trendster.
- Click “Start Trendster.”
Trendster shows how each product trended over the past 90 days. You can select trends for the past 30 days, year, 24 hours, 7 days, and even all time.
You also get search volume data over the past day, week, month, and year.
Trendster is not available on the free tier. So, upgrade to, at least, the Helium 10 Starter plan to access the tool.
How to Find Trending Products With Black Box?
Black Box is Helium 10’s primary product research tool. It allows you to apply filters to a database of over 500 million products to get potential best-selling products.
Here’s how to find what’s trending now with Black Box:
- Log into your Helium 10 online dashboard.
- Click Tools > Black Box.
- Wait for the tool to load.
- Select the Amazon Marketplace to analyze.
- Under Products, choose a niche — for instance, Baby Products.
- To get the trending products, set additional filters like Sales Change, Monthly Sales, Sales Year Over Year, and Best Sales Month.
- In the below screenshot, I checked for baby products that bring in at least $20,000 per month. I filtered for products with at least a 150% change in sales in the past 90 days and had August 2023 as their best sales month.
- Alternatively, select “High Growth” from preset filters to get products with fast-growing sales.
- Click “Search.”
- Black Box pulls all existing products that match your criteria.
- Ensure to select “Show Advanced Product Details” to see the percentage change in sales under the Monthly Sales column. As you can see from the screenshot, some products have a 3000% increase in sales. Obviously, those products are trending right now.
Black Box can also filter for keywords, competitors, and targeted products.
The tool is limited for users on the free and Starter tier. Upgrade to, at least, the Helium 10 Platinum tier to gain unlimited access.
How to Find Trending Products With Xray?
Xray works with Helium 10’s Chrome extension to get in-depth product details on Amazon search result pages. With a few tweaks, you can find trending products with Xray.
- Search for a product on Amazon.
- Open the Helium 10 extension and select “Xray – Amazon Product Research.”
- Wait for the Xray tool to load product details.
- Focus on the Sales Graph column. Select “Filter Results.”
- Filter the results by estimated sales and revenue. Also, hide sponsored products if you want to focus on organic sales. Click “Apply Filters.”
- Analyze the Sales Graph column. Trending products have graphs sharply pointing upwards.
- Click on a product’s graph to get a detailed view of the sales trend. Each graph has three lines indicating sales, average trend, and 7-day average.
- Hover over the “Trend Line” to get only the line indicating the average trend.
- Some products have downward trends like this:
Xray is available to all Helium 10 users. However, it’s heavily limited for the free tier user.
Why Choose Helium 10 Over Other Market Research Tools?
Helium 10 isn’t the only tool that offers product research features. So, why choose Helium 10 over others?
- Helium 10 has several tools focusing on product research: Helium 10 offers Trendster, BlackBox, and Xray. These tools each have unique ways of helping you discover winning products for Amazon.
- Helium 10 is beginner-friendly: Helium 10’s tools are well-designed and intuitive for beginners. Even if you don’t follow a tutorial, you can work out how to navigate these tools to discover unique products to sell on Amazon.
- Helium 10 puts out highly accurate data: I’ve tested Helium 10’s tools several times and have found them to be highly accurate. The tool provides accurate data you can trust for product research.
Alternatives to Helium 10’s Trending Product Research Tools
Even with the extensive product research tools that Helium 10 offers, a few other tools offer extra features. Here are two alternatives to Helium 10’s product research tools that you may want to check out.
JungleScout Opportunity Finder
JungleScout’s Opportunity Finder is a close rival to Helium 10’s Black Box.
Like Helium 10, the Opportunity Finder returns product data you can filter to get trending products.
You can find trending products by filtering for products with a significant change in search volume over the past 30 or 90 days.
Opportunity Finder includes an extra column for competition level, considering your Amazon Seller account. You can use that as a bonus to find trending products with low competition.
Viral Launch’s Amazon Product Research Tool uses targeted filters to get trending products.
It lets you find trending keywords, products, brands, and niches. If you don’t know where to begin, you can use the tool to find a trending brand in a trending niche and then narrow it down to trending products and keywords.
Discover Trending Products With Helium 10
Helium 10 is unmatched in finding trending products for Amazon. The different tools it offers do an overall great job of showing hidden opportunities in profitable niches.
Hence, you can take advantage of the market gaps for your success.
Don’t slack. Get started with Helium 10 today and launch successful products on Amazon.