The Helium 10 Sales Graph is an Xray feature that allows you to do product research by evaluating your competitor’s performance. It provides three graph formats, Sales, BSR, and Review Count, enabling you to export the information in multiple file formats.
You’ll get limited access to the Sales Graph with the Helium free trial and extensive access via the Starter, Platinum, and Diamond plans.
- You must download and install the Helium 10 Chrome Extension to access the Sales Graph.
- The Sales Graph allows you to discover trends and find seasonal products.
- You can export Sales Graph information to 4 file types – CSV, XLS, PNG, and JPEG.
How to Use the Helium 10 Sales Graph?
You’ll need to access the Xray product research tool to get started with the Helium 10 Sales Graph. Luckily, you can get Xray access by signing up for a free account.
However, I recommend upgrading to one of the paid Helium 10 subscriptions to increase your Xray usage limits since the free trial only offers 50 launches.
Therefore, I’ll start my Sales Graph step-by-step guide by showing you how to sign up for Helium 10:
- Buy a preferred plan from Helium 10 Pricing Page.
- Alternatively, those with a free Helium 10 account can click “Upgrade” from the top right-hand side of the dashboard.
- Enter one of my Helium 10 coupon codes, REVENUEGEEKS20 or REVENUEGEEKS10, and select “Apply” for discounted prices. Only the Platinum and Diamond plans are compatible with my coupon codes.
- Click “Subscribe” to select a Helium 10 subscription plan.
- Enter your details and click “Complete Payment.”
- Once you have a Helium 10 account, you must install the Helium 10 Chrome Extension to access Xray. Check out my guide on installing the Chrome Extension.
- Next, search Amazon for a product you’d like to view the Sales Graph data. I’ve searched for “blue yoga mats” in my example.
- Open Xray via the Google Chrome extension. You can follow this Xray usage guide to learn how to do so.
- Click the Sales Graph icon for one of the products from the Sales Graph column of the Xray user interface.
- Now, you can inspect the Sales Graph and toggle between Sales, BSR, and Review Count.
What Information Does the Helium 10 Sales Graph Provide?
The Helium 10 Sales Graph provides three graph formats: Sales, BSR, and Review Count.
Let’s explore each to determine what information you can extract from each graph.
The Sales option loads up by default and automatically feeds you three datasets:
- Sales: this is the exact number of units sold. It’s handy for determining the volume of sales competitors manage daily. It’s depicted as the blue line on the Helium 10 Sales Graph.
- Trend line: this is a black straight line showing the overall correlation of the sales number at a glance. Or in other words, it shows you if your the tracked competitor sales performed below or above average for the given period.
- 7-day moving average: this value provides a sales summary of the preceding 7-day period. Effectivity, the 7-day moving average smoothes out the sales line, so you can better understand the sales trends without considering the sharp peaks.
BSR is the “Best Sellers Rank,” where a lower number indicates more sales in a given niche compared with the competition. The BSR graph also shows the Sales Rank, New Price, and List Price. Therefore, you can see how a competitor has modified their pricing strategy over time.
The Review Count graph lets you see the rate at which reviews were acquired and how the overall rating of the target product has changed over time. Therefore, you know how quickly you can expect your products to generate reviews.
The Sales Graph data can also be modified based on the timeframe, and the possible options include 30 days, 90 days, one year, and All Time. Therefore, you can zoom in when you want to research on a more granular level and extend the timeline when looking at long-term trends is more important.
Can You Export the Sales Graph Information?
Sales Graph allows you to export the information by downloading in the following file formats:
- PNG image
- JPEG image
You may want to download Sales Graph information for use with other software and analyze the Amazon data in a way that matches your preferences. Or, some people might like the simpler number format that spreadsheets provide rather than the visual format the Sales Graph naturally comes in.
No matter which it is, the guide below teaches you to export the Sales Graph to your preferred format.
How to Export Sales Graph Information
You can export Sales Graph information from the UI of the graph by clicking on the 3-dash icon on the right-hand side.
Then, choose the download file format, and you’re good to go.
What Helium 10 Subscriptions Include the Sales Graph Tool?
The Helium 10 Xray tool gives you access to the Sales Graph too. This Xray tool is available with the free trial, Starter, Platinum, and Diamond plans. However, your monthly usage of the Sales Graph is limited, depending on your chosen plan:
|50 Xray requests||5,000 Xray requests||5,000 Xray requests||5,000 Xray requests|
You’ll need to choose the best Helium 10 subscription plan for your budget and phase of Amazon business. Here’s a summary of the prices to help you decide:
I also have two exclusive coupon codes to help you get more MASSIVE discounts on your Helium 10 subscription. Simply enter one of the following codes during checkout:
- Get 20% OFF Your First 6 Months with code: REVENUEGEEKS20
- OR 10% OFF Every Month with code: REVENUEGEEKS10
How to Use the Sales Graph for Product Research?
Product research is one of the trickiest parts of starting an Amazon business, and the Sales Graph helps get more information at a glance. Here are a few tips for conducting product research with Sales Graph:
- Annual trends: look for annual trends that indicate the product has a seasonal sales history. Seasonal products can be good sellers, but your inventory management must overlap to ensure you’re in stock during peak periods.
- Niche potential: use the sales graph to look at sales data over a long period to determine if the niche has potential. Strong sales numbers for extended periods indicate that the niche provides a healthy sales flow.
- Spot new niches: a niche with high sales numbers may indicate new products with a lot of hype. However, they could be a poor choice for long-term sales since the product may be a fad that will go out of fashion soon. You can set the time frame to “All Time” to determine the niche’s history.
Pros and Cons of the Helium 10 Sales Graph
You’ll have to upgrade to a paid Helium 10 subscription to use the Sales Graph extensively. Therefore, let’s consider the pros and cons of the feature to determine if it’s worth the extra cost.
- Find products with seasonal trends at a glance.
- You can test the Sales Graph feature with the Helium 10 free trial.
- You can export the Sales Graph information by downloading it in four file formats.
- The Sales Graph allows you to spy on competitor sales data.
- Finding the Sales Graph isn’t intuitive.
My Experiences Using the Helium 10 Sales Graph
Getting started with Sales Graph takes a few extra steps because I needed to install the Helium 10 Chrome Extension to access Xray. However, once I found the feature, I was pleasantly surprised by the information provided and that you can switch between 3 formats – Sales, BSR, and Review Count.
Also, I appreciated that it’s possible to test Sales Graph with the free trial.
Using the filters and inspecting the graphs is self-explanatory because of the simple user interface.
Overall, the Helium 10 Sales Graph increased the speed of my product research since I could form an opinion at a glance.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can view the Sales Graph with the Helium 10 free trial because it provides 50 Xray requests. This is plenty of uses to execute product research and evaluate several niches.
Helium 10 gets its data, which includes sales metrics, reviews, and product listings, through the Amazon API. Furthermore, Helium 10 uses an in-house algorithm to retrieve and analyze that data before it’s finally presented in the Sales Graph and other tools.
Is the Sales Graph Worth Using?
Of course! The Sales Graph is a valuable tool for discovering sales trends, comparing product selling opportunities, and figuring out what products are seasonal. The user-friendly UI means you can start using the tool right away.
Want to increase the Sales Graph use limits? Then check out Helium 10’s subscription plans to supercharge your product research.