- Competitive Pricing
- The Best Data Accuracy for Sales Estimations and Keywords
- Global Supplier Database Helps You Find a Reliable Supplier
- Easy to Use Interface Makes It Easy to Start Using Jungle Scout
- Refund Genie Helps You Get Refunds From Damaged Goods Easily.
- Chrome Extension Helps You Find Winning Products and Analyse Competitors.
- An All-In-One Toolbox for Amazon FBA Sellers.
- Mobile App to Manage Your Amazon Business On The Go!
Helium 10 vs. Jungle Scout – which one is better? Well, from our six tests, we found out that Jungle Scout tends to be slightly better. But how did we get to this conclusion?
Continue reading to find out.
|Features||Helium 10||Jungle Scout|
|Product Research Tool||✅||✅|
|Keyword Research Tool||✅||✅|
|PPC Automation Tool||✅||✅|
#1 - Data Accuracy
That’s a crucial factor for considering an all-in-one Amazon FBA platform. The more accurate the data, the easier it is to manage your Amazon business. For example, you can be more confident when researching keywords or products!
However, which one is more accurate? Well, it’s more complicated than it seems.
The issue is that no third-party Amazon FBA tool can be 100% accurate. They use the limited data available, so they will never be correct. So keep this in mind!
According to Jungle Scout’s studies, their product is more accurate!
- Jungle Scout – 84.1%
- Helium 10 – 74%
However, that’s most likely a biased statistic. So more research is needed! In the EcomCrew test, they found these results:
- 5 out of 9 times, Jungle Scout was more accurate for sales estimation
- 13 out of 20 times, Jungle Scout was more accurate with keyword volumes.
Despite those statistics, we cannot yet overthrow Helium 10. From the same testers, we also learned that despite Jungle Scout being more accurate in terms of quantity.
Helium 10 was much closer to the actual numbers when it got right!
Furthermore, when Jordiob was doing data accuracy tests, they found that Helium 10 was slightly more accurate in terms of sales volume.
So, as you can see, giving a win is much more complex than it first seemed.
However, both of them are pretty accurate. However, the point goes to Jungle Scout because they get closer to the actual data more times.
#2 - Product Research
Product research is the backbone of your Amazon business, so picking the tools to help your research process become faster is critical! Both of them offer great tools for it.
But how do they compare?
Helium 10 Product Research
Helium 10 offers two different features for product research: Xray and Blackbox.
Xray is a part of Helium 10’s chrome extension. With it, you get a spreadsheet that has all the necessary product information from your search result. That includes the product ASINs, potential sales numbers, and much more.
It even tells you the yearly keyword’s search volume, which helps you to spot trends and seasonality!
Apart from that, Helium 10 also comes with Blackbox. Think of this as a keyword planner but instead of searching for potential keywords; it helps you find new products.
With this, you can find products by providing the search term, and you’ll get tons of options.
To make product research even quicker, you can filter the search results by different variables such as review count and sales volume.
Jungle Scout Product Research
Like Helium 10, Jungle Scout also offers two product research tools. However, they are a bit different from Helium 10’s offering.
Jungle Scout Chrome Extension is the primary product research tool. It works similarly to Helium 10 Xray, giving you a spreadsheet of all the most essential product information in your search results. However, they help you slightly differently.
For instance, Jungle Scout gives you an opportunity score, which helps you quickly validate your idea without having to go through the spreadsheet.
And lastly, there’s the Product Database.
It’s a robust database gives you the most accurate product data possible. Jungle Scout has contacted many big suppliers, who’ve given their numbers to them. That accelerates product research time drastically. However, you’ll have less variety of products.
While both are useful for their own reasons, I’ve got to give the point to Helium 10.
While the Opportunity score was great, in my experience, it was easier to get the necessary data quicker with Helium. Plus, the search volume graph was quite helpful.
#3 - Keyword Research
Both platforms offer great tools for researching keywords. Here’s how they compare:
Helium 10 Keyword Research
For Helium 10 users, there are two different tools for keyword research. Each one works a little differently:
- Celebro – It’s a tool that helps you track your competitors’ keywords. For this, you only need to provide an ASIN, and it will spit out the keywords. You can find both sponsored and organic keywords.
- Magnet – If you’re familiar with Google Keyword Planner, then you’ll feel right at home. You will get keyword recommendations based on the main keyword. Then you can sort them based on various statistics.
Jungle Scout Keyword Research
Jungle Scout offers you the same services as Celebro and Magnet, but instead of providing them in separate tools, Jungle Scout has only one named Keyword Scout.
That makes it much more convenient, as instead of switching between two tools, all you need to change is the input. So if you want to get competitor keywords quickly, you should add the ASIN or URL to the search bar.
And for the product ideas, you should just add a keyword.
So, as you can see, both platforms offer you excellent tools and have the same functionality. However, the point goes to Jungle Scout, mainly for convenience. Instead of doing competitor keywords and regular keyword research separately, you can do them with the same tool.
#4 - Browser Extensions
To make managing your business even more manageable, both platforms have created browser extensions to go beyond the platform. Each one is great for its own purposes:
Helium 10 Chrome Extension
Helium 10’s chrome extension was mainly created as a product research tool.
It helps you find winning product ideas for your FBA business with the following tools:
- ASIN Grabber – It lets you quickly grab the ASIN easily.
- Helium Xray – Instead of finding one product profit margin, you can see many Amazon products simultaneously.
- Review Downloader – Quickly download Amazon reviews with just a click of a button.
- Profitability Calculator – Quickly find the estimated profit margins with a couple of clicks.
However, in addition to product research, Helium 10 Chrome Extension can do other things, such as
- Listing Health Score – See how good your listing is and where you can improve it. You can use it on your competitors as well.
- Inventory Level – Learn how significant are stock levels of your competitors and potential products are.
Jungle Scout Chrome Extension
Like Helium 10, the Jungle Scout chrome extension is also great for product research.
It helps you quickly determine whether your potential product is a winner. Here are the tools you can use:
- Supplier Database – See the near-accurate cost of manufacturing a product thanks to Jungle Scout’s global supplier database.
- Opportunity Score – Quickly get an overview of the potential of your product with an easy-to-understand score. It takes into account profit margins, competition, and more.
- Product Database – Helps you find legitimate suppliers that are the best brands using.
- Keyword Scout – Quickly grab keywords for your listing through your competitors.
- Product Tracker – Track groups of products over time and see if they are viable opportunities or not.
So, as you can see, both extensions are pretty good! However, Helium 10 will win this test. That’s mainly because Helium 10 provides more tools for various use cases.
#5 - Extra Tools
Most of the tools in both platforms match. However, for them to be unique, they offer extra tools that distinguish them from competitors. Right off the bat, Helium 10 has more tools at its disposal than Jungle Scout.
However, numbers aren’t anything, as some tools might have a niche use case.
For example, you probably won’t use Helium 10 Mispellinator too often. So, let’s check out what both have to offer:
Helium 10 Unique Tools
When it comes to Helium 10, three tools are worth mentioning:
- Refund Genie – Helps you get refunds on damaged goods from Amazon, saving you tons of money.
- Alerts – Notifies you as soon as some fraudulent activity happens on your product listings or when you lose and win the buy box.
- Adtomic – This third-party platform helps you manage your Amazon Ads much more quickly due to the more straightforward interface. Furthermore, you get keyword suggestions, so you won’t have to go through an exhausting list of keywords on a spreadsheet.
- Audience Polls – If you want to ensure your listing has the best chances before launching, you could use Audience Polls to get real-human feedback about it.
Jungle Scout Unique Tools
For Jungle Scout’s roster of tools, I’d like to highlight these three impressive ones:
- Supplier Database – Get accurate data about your competitors’ manufacturing costs thanks to Jungle Scout’s global supplier database.
- Freelancers – Jungle Scout also offers a platform to get services from industry experts to help your business. That includes services such as packaging design, lifestyle images for products, coaching, and more.
- Opportunity Score – Quickly determine if your product is a winner based on many factors such as competition, margins, and more.
- Giveaway Platform – When out of promotion ideas, the Giveaway Platform can come up with some ideas so you’ll reach your monthly revenue goals.
Both platforms have excellent tools for you to use. However, which one wins this test?
Well, this round goes to Helium 10. While the tools of Jungle Scout are impressive and very useful, Helium 10 tools are great as well, in addition to more tools overall.
#6 - Support and Resources
Beyond the features of both platforms, another thing to consider is the support and resources you get when using them. That helps you get solutions for your issues and ensure you get the most out of the tools.
So how do they both fare?
Helium 10 Support and Resources
When it comes to Helium 10, they have done it exceptionally well! Not only do they have 24/7 support to aid you with issues, but they also come with a learning academy named “Helium 10 Academy.” That ensures that your Amazon business has the highest chance of succeeding.
Jungle Scout Support and Resources
Jungle Scout’s support and resources are also great! They also have 24/7 support, so you’ll quickly get a solution for any problems and issues. But additionally, they also come with their free resources page to give you the best chances of succeeding as well.
Helium 10 vs. Jungle Scout – Which one is better? Well, this time, it has to be a draw.
That’s because both are great and have the same type of support and resources.
#7 - Pricing
And last but not least, let’s talk about the pricing! It’s critical to know as this could be the make or break for the success of your Amazon FBA business. Here’s what the pricing looks like for both of them:
Helium 10 Pricing
Helium 10 comes with five different tiers for you to choose from. Each one is different and gives you some new features:
- Free Tier – With this tier, you won’t have to spend any money, but you’re highly restricted in what you can use. Most of the time, you can only do things included in the chrome extension.
- Starter Tier – This tier costs you $29 per month. With it, you’ll get all the essential tools to manage you get limited access to premium products.
- Platinum Tier – This tier costs you $84 per month. That plan will give you unlimited access to most tools. However, it doesn’t include tools such as a landing page builder, a Walmart keyword tracker, and others.
- Diamond Tier – This tier costs you $209 per month. With it, you get access to everything but are still limited to how many users can access and how many keywords you can track.
- Elite Plan – This plan will cost you around $399 per month. With this, you get access to everything Helium 10 has to offer.
And for every premium plan, you get a 30-day money-back guarantee, which makes trying Helium 10 risk-free!
Jungle Scout Pricing
When it comes to Jungle Scout pricing, they keep it quite competitive. Here are their three plans:
- Basic Plan – This plan costs $49 per month. With it, you can access all the essentials to start managing your Amazon business.
- Suite Plan – This plan will cost you $69 per month. With it, you get access to everything from the basic plan and other features, such as review automation and adding multiple users.
- Professional Plan – This plan will cost you $129 per month. With it, you get access to everything Jungle Scout has to offer, and you’ll be able to track up to 1000 ASINs.
And while you have a money-back guarantee with Jungle Scout, it will only last up to 7 days.
So you should see that when it comes to affordability, Helium 10 offers the cheapest plan! Their Starter tier costs $10 less and even has a free plan. However, anything above will cost you much more than Jungle Scout!
When comparing the highest tiers, Helium 10 will cost you a whopping $270 more!
So, for this reason, the point goes to Jungle Scout.
Helium 10 is the only platform that offers a free plan. However, you can try both out risk-free as they have money-back guarantees. Jungle Scout comes with a 7-day money-back guarantee, while Helium 10 comes with 30 days.
Jungle Scout hasn’t yet created a mobile app just yet. However, Helium 10 has an app available for iOS and Android, which makes managing your Amazon business on the go easier.
Jungle Scout doesn’t offer a free trial! However, you can still try it out risk-free, as they offer a 7-day money-back guarantee. But when it comes to Helium 10, a free trial is available. If you want to learn how to access it, I suggest you read our article here.
And that’s why Jungle Scout won! That’s primarily because of the higher data accuracy and more competitive pricing. However, that doesn’t mean Helium 10 is terrible and should be avoided.
Quite the contrary! Helium 10 is more of a premium product that gives you more tools at your disposal. So…
Use Jungle Scout If:
- If you’re a new seller and want to get started
- You’re on a tight budget and need excellent product and keyword research tools.
Use Helium 10 If:
- You’re a seasoned seller looking to automate your business
- You’ve got enough money to pay the premium.
- If you’re looking for more than just product and keyword research tools.
Easily manage and grow a thriving e-commerce business with just one platform. All plans are covered by a no-hassle 100% money-back guarantee for your first 7 days of service.